MasterHeat 240v wire is a simple, economical way to warm floors and provide years of lasting comfort. Warm all kinds of floor coverings including ceramic tile, stone, wood, laminates, vinyl and carpet. Whatever your installation, there is a MasterHeat in floor warming cable spool sized just for your project.
Our uncoated wire is flexible and easy to work with. Please be aware that it cannot be used in showers or wet areas. For showers or wet areas, use MasterHeat coated wire.
MasterHeat in floor heating wires can be spaced and attached with metal straps or with the Radiant Positioning Mats. In either case, pay special attention to how thin-set or self-leveling mortar should be applied over the cables prior to setting tile, stone, or other flooring.
Evaluate how many square feet of floor you would like to be heated by radiant heat. Do not put under cabinets or appliances. Generally, about 85%-90% of the open areas should have the floor warming element. Leave the in floor heating wire at least 4"-6" away from your walls. To keep toes warm, install right up to the toe-kick in front of kitchen or bath cabinets, and in front of a toilet, shower or tub.
- Twin-wire technology
- Single power lead
- Oxygen-free heating elements
- Aramid reinforcing fibers
- High-temp insulation
- Braided metal jacket
Spacing: Choose a "spacing factor" of 2", 2-1/2" or 3" on center
- 2" on center = 15 Watts/sq.ft. Use on concrete basement slabs, sunrooms and in other high heat loss areas
- 2-1/2" on center = 12 Watts/sq.ft. Use in bathrooms, kitchens, living/dining areas, etc.
- 3" on center = 10 Watts/sq.ft. Use in hallways, entries, low heat loss areas, etc.
2-1/2" spacing on center is the most commonly used spacing and equals the heat output of the MasterHeat in floor heating mats
The chart below for square footages for different wire spacing, and power draw.
|Item #||L/F||Sq.Ft @ 2" o.c. (15W/sq.ft)||Sq.Ft. @ 2.5" o.c. (12W/sq.ft.)||Sq.Ft @ 3" o.c. (10W/sq.ft)||Amp Draw|
|Warranty:||25 Year Limited Warranty|
1 Customer Reviews
- great time saving product
- We love Masterheat cables..single run without having to double back to the thermostat save time and money...we used to use heating mats, but Masterheat cables can be configured to any floor shape