MasterHeat brand products are manufactured by Watts Radiant to our specifications. MasterHeat brand products are warrantied by Watts Radiant.
Watts Radiant (the Company) warrants its electric floor-warming mats and cables (the Product) to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for twenty-five (25) years from the date of manufacture. Thermostats and controls sold by Watts Radiant are warranted, parts and materials, for two (2) years from the date of purchase. The sole remedy for controls is product replacement. This warranty is transferable to subsequent owners.
Under this Limited Warranty, Watts Radiant will provide the following:
If the Product is determined by Watts Radiant to be defective in materials and workmanship, and has not been damaged as a result of abuse, misapplication or modification, the Company will refund all or part of the manufacturer’s published list price of the Product at the time of purchase in accordance with the following: 100% for the first ten (10) years, then prorated on a diminishing 25-year scale for the remaining warranty period.
- Product found defective in the 5th year will receive the full manufacturer’s published list price of the Product at the time of purchase;
- Product found defective in the 15th year, with 10 years remaining in the warranty period, will receive 10/25ths of the manufacturer’s published list price of the Product at the time of purchase.
In order to make a claim, you must:
- Provide the Company with sufficient details relating to the nature of the defect, the installation, the history of operation, and any repairs that may have been made.
- At the Company’s discretion and at the owner’s expense, ship the Product to the Company or the Company’s local representative or distributor.
- Provide proof that the Product was installed in accordance with the applicable Product Installation Manual and any special written design or installation guidelines by Watts Radiant for this project.
- Provide proof that the Product was installed in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) or the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC), and all applicable local building and electrical codes.
- Provide a retail sales receipt or proof of purchase.
The following are not covered by this Limited Warranty:
- Any incidental or consequential damage, including inconvenience, loss of time or loss of income.
- Any labor or materials required to repair or replace the Product or control, not authorized in writing by the Company.
- Any labor or materials required to remove, repair or replace flooring materials.
- Any freight or delivery costs related to the Product, the control, or any related flooring or electrical products.
Watts Radiant assumes no responsibility under this warranty for any damage to the Product caused by any trades people, visitors on the job site, or damage caused as a result of post-installation work. The staff at Watts Radiant is available to answer any questions regarding the proper installation or application of the Product at this toll-free phone number: 800-276-2419. If you are ever in doubt about the correct installation procedure to follow, or if the Product appears to be damaged, you must call us before proceeding with the installation, or proposed repair.
WATTS RADIANT DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY NOT PROVIDED HEREIN, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WATTS RADIANT FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, SECONDARY, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OWNERSHIP OR USE OF THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING INCONVENIENCE OR LOSS OF USE. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE FACE OF THIS DOCUMENT. NO AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE OF WATTS RADIANT HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO EXTEND OR MODIFY THIS WARRANTY UNLESS SUCH EXTENSION OR MODIFICATION IS MADE IN WRITING BY A CORPORATE OFFICER.
DUE TO DIFFERENCES IN BUILDING AND FLOOR INSULATION, CLIMATE, AND FLOOR COVERINGS, WATTS RADIANT MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE FLOOR TEMPERATURE WILL ACHIEVE ANY PARTICULAR TEMPERATURE, OR TEMPERATURE RISE. UL® STANDARD LISTING REQUIREMENTS LIMIT THE HEAT OUTPUT OF REGULAR MATS TO 12 WATTS PER SQUARE FOOT, CABLES TO 15 WATTS PER SQUARE FOOT DEPENDING ON CABLE INSTALL SPACING, AND UNDERFLOOR MATS TO 10 WATTS PER SQUARE FOOT, AND AS SUCH, USERS MAY OR MAY NOT BE SATISFIED WITH THE FLOOR WARMTH THAT IS PRODUCED. WATTS RADIANT DOES WARRANT THAT ALL PRODUCTS WILL PRODUCE THE RATED OUTPUT LISTED ON THE PRODUCT NAMEPLATE, WHEN OPERATED AT THE RATED VOLTAGE.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages and some states do not allow limitations on how long implied warranties may last. Therefore, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. SO FAR AS IS CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE STATE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO TWENTY-FIVE YEARS FROM THE DATE OF MANUFACTURE.